Are you ready to join our client?
Our client is a FinTech success story, it has been named as one of the fastest growing international companies, backed by one of the largest global banks. In September 2021, they were also named as one of the 15 top FinTech companies to work for in Europe!
They are passionate about applying the best technologies to enhance and automate financial services and processes. They help SMEs simplify international trade by eliminating boundaries and providing expertise that traditional banks can’t give. They work across more than 27 offices worldwide, serving over 40,000 clients every day.
This is a new role within the Technology Department focusing on Data Engineer and building data pipelines for a transactional banking platform which issues/receives payments in over 140 currencies.
• You have extensive experience with complex data systems and migrations.
• The client’s core data solution technologies are BigQuery, PostgreSQL, Kafka, Python, DBT and Airflow, but it is also ok if you are more comfortable with other languages, databases and streaming platforms including the data services of cloud providers such as Amazon (AWS) and Google (GCP).
• They are looking for Data Engineers that can model challenging business concepts and data flows.
• You will have experience in data interrogation and validation using a wide range of tools and techniques.
• Quality is important to our client. They expect their engineers to be familiar with the regulatory requirements on data systems. Ideally you will have worked in environments with mature data governance and life-cycle management
• You share your ideas and continuously improve yourself and the team around you
• Experience within financial services is valued
• Since you will work side by side with colleagues from different countries, you will be able to communicate clearly and concisely your ideas in English both written and spoken.
• You will contribute to the development of a transactional banking platform, focusing on receiving and issuing payments in more than 140 currencies.
• The platform is a single platform (20+ Services) with distinct channels for users to access their core functionality.
• A variety of in house and third-party systems acting as data sources help in defining, communicating, and driving the data architecture within our client’s organisation and its engineering teams.
• Implementation of solutions with an audit by design ethos to ensure all regulatory obligations are fulfilled.
• Build and Run services in production. Using tools such as Jenkins, Terraform, Sentry, Prometheus, ELK… you and your team will be responsible for achieving Service Level Objectives for your code.
• Work with cross-functional product and technology teams across the company to build new features at large and multi-region scale.
• All of these run smoothly in Docker containers on AWS ECS and Kubernetes.
Why will you love working with our client:
• You will be part of a remote-first distributed technology team – work from anywhere within the specified time zone/approved locations on a fully remote basis
• You’ll have continuous professional growth thanks to their career progression framework with regular reviews
• Plus the opportunity to earn a performance based bonus
• You’ll improve your personal development through training and certifications provided by the business
• You’ll contribute to their technical design
• They are Open-Source friendly, following Open-Source principles in their internal projects and encouraging contributions to external projects
• 24 days paid vacation days per year + public holidays in your location
• Competitive salary; ranges from 50K EUR – 80K EUR per year depending on specific experience and performance during the interview process
*intro Consulting Ltd are acting as a third party recruitment agency for this position*
Software & Development
Fully Remote GMT +/-5
€50k to €80k
Permanent – Full Time