About the role
Are you ready to join our client?
Our client is a FinTech success story, it has been named as one of the fastest-growing international companies, backed by one of the largest global banks.
They are passionate about applying the best technologies to enhance and automate financial services and processes. They help SMEs simplify international trade by eliminating boundaries and providing expertise that traditional banks can’t give. They work across more than 27 offices worldwide, serving over 40,000 clients every day.
You will contribute to the development of a transactional banking platform, focusing on receiving and issuing payments in more than 140 currencies. Their platform is a single platform (20+ Services) with 3 distinct channels for users to access their core functionality:
• Salesforce.com for front office staff,
• Online banking portal built with Vue.js and
• A Rest API for 3rd party integrations.
Using tools such as Jenkins, Terraform, Sentry, Prometheus, and ELK you and your team will build and run services in several environments and will be responsible for defining and achieving Service Level Objectives for your code.
Work with cross-functional product and technology teams across the company to build new features at a large and multi-region scale, which will run smoothly in Docker containers on AWS ECS and Kubernetes.
• You have extensive experience in delivering complex software systems. Having experience in financial systems is desirable but most important is that you know how to motivate and set up high-performance teams.
• Agility is important to our client. They will expect you to guide your team through changes in requirements and work with product owners to plan what to prioritise.
• You care deeply about user experiences and own (define, implement, improve) appropriate metrics to measure them. You make decisions based on data and facts.
• Quality is important to our client; they will expect your team’s code to be testable and well covered with unit and integration tests. They use CI Jenkins pipelines and terraform for the deployment of services and infrastructure.
• They have a multi-cultural and distributed team. You will need great English communication skills and experience working in a global environment to be successful.
• Work closely with Product to have clear implementation plans for product roadmaps.
• Help your engineers grow their skills and experience.
• Run agile project management processes.
• Conduct code reviews and make technical contributions to product architecture as well as get involved in solving bugs and delivering small features.
• Generate and implement process improvements.
• Hold regular 1:1’s with all members of your team, and participate in cross-team, skip-level 1:1’s.
• Give regular and clear feedback around an individual’s performance.
• Foster technical decision making on the team but make final decisions when necessary.
• Take part in their recruitment process, interviewing candidates, and onboarding new hires.
• Engage in their incident management process, leading both responses and retrospectives.
• Draft and review quarterly Engineering KPIs for your team.
• Improve product quality, security, and performance.
• 5 or more years of experience in software development.
• 2 or more years of experience in a leadership role with current backend technologies.
• In-depth experience with Python or Go; other languages may be considered depending on experience.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills with a good level of English.
• Experience working in the financial sector.
• 2 or more years’ experience of working with global team members in a distributed environment.
• Open-source SQL databases such as PostgreSQL or MySQL.
• Familiarity with distributed tools e.g., Jira, Bitbucket, Slack, GSuite.
• Knowledge of Agile Development tools, techniques, and principles (SCRUM).
• Familiar with AWS infrastructure and container orchestration.
Why will you love working with us:
• You will be part of a remote-first distributed technology team
• You’ll have continuous professional growth thanks to their career progression framework with regular reviews.
• You’ll improve your personal development through training and certifications (and have your own budget to do so).
• You’ll contribute to their technical design through their open and collaborative Request For Comments (RFC) process.
• They are Open Source friendly, following Open Source principles in their internal projects and encouraging contributions to external projects.
• An in-depth onboarding process to make you feel part of the team from your first day.
• If you wish to improve your English skills, you’ll be able to take lessons in the school of your choice.
• Discretionary bonus (depending on company and personal performance).
Infrastructure & Support
Permanent – Full Time
Up to €80k